Saturday, October 4, 2008

Clean and Jerk Oct. 2/08

With a continuously running clock do one 135 pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.
Use as many sets each minute as needed.

This is pretty self explanatory. Leanna and I chose to do squat cleans at 95 lbs.

I finished round five with about 8 seconds to spare. I didn't think to have a small rest and try to get a few in round 6. I think I will do power cleans next time because I know I can power clean 95 fairly easily. ( For the first while anyway). I did split jerk this time as my arms felt more tired than usual after Wednesday's arm assault.

5 Rounds squat cleans 95 lbs
John 7 rounds power cleans 135 lbs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job you guys! That wod is alot harder than it looks isn't it?

You guy's interested in a 5K tomorrow morning? I'll be at the track at 10AM. Let me know :)

Hollie said...

yeah, it was short and sweet but tough. We will have to see about the 5 k at 10:00 a.m. My mom had cervical cancer last year, she didn't have chemo but she did have a hysterectmy and is healthy now. We will run a 5 k tomorrow in the honour of my mom, your mother in law and all Cancer Survivors. I will call in the am to let you know if we can re arrange our schedule:)

Unknown said...

Sounds good.....

If it's pouring rain, i'm out, i don't feel like catching a cold, we'll just re-schedule.

Give me a call either way and we'll touch base.