Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kbells and GHD Feb. 5, 2009

5 Rounds for Time:
25 kbell swings 1 pood - all unbroken but should have been 1.5 pood
25 GHD situps - hand touching floor and the foot rest each time except the last ten of the last round. It is way faster and easier to do these without touching the floor behind. I wonder if I should have gone for speed instead. Is there any benefit to touching the floor?
25 GHD back extensions solid.
25 kte touched elbows or close everytime but was down to two's on the final round.
Ouchhh!!! 39:09
All Kbell swings were unbroken and the kte were the hardest!!

4 comments:

Surrey Sterling said...

oh this one was just a real grinder you had to diesel through this one hey, the heavy kb swings gassed me big time, when does this shit get easy?? Its always so fucking hard and humbling don't you think! Your comment 290 on the boards I'm 292:)

Surrey Sterling said...

I think you should change the name of your blog to John and Hollie's Crossfit Blog:)

Hollie said...

Your not kidding this was a grinder. I just kept plugging along. Those kb's must have been a bitch eh? How many were you doing in a row? It was all pretty difficult for me, I actually thought it would be easier. I don't know about you but do these seem to be getting harder? Tomorrow's will be good but those take a lot of time. Wow!! we posted close to the same time eh? Yeah, I'll have to get Leanna or Chad to help me do a few things to this blog. Cheers!!!

Surrey Sterling said...

The swings I would get a dozen in then drop the sucker with a huge thud on the floor. Their rubber DB's so it wasn't that bad. Then I'd muscle through the last 13 on each set exept the last it took three sets to finish the 25 kb's. KTE's eat up the clock big time so I wasn't to worried about time today as the equimpent is miles away from the pullup bar. I just was happy to finish. yes they don't seem very forgiving that is for sure! They almost bring me to my knees in exhaustion during the wod. I won't fall to my knees, I won't say ever but, I sure don't ever want to kind of feels like defeat you know...