Monday, February 2, 2009

Kelly!!! Jan. 2/09 Dips and Pullups

5 Rounds for Time:
400 m run
30 - 24" box jumps
30 - 20/14 lbs wall ball

I took an extra rest day yesterday and did Kelly today. What a nasty gal she is. The box jumps were the hardest for me but the runs and wall ball weren't far off. The fourth and fifth runs felt much slower than the first three. After the first round I took the 45lb plate off and used just the box 20" and the wall balls were done in threes with mini breaks for the final round otherwise I couldn't get it over that stupid piece of flashing. It was wet but not raining and I got good and muddy doing the wall ball. Felt like a Navy Seal getting "wet and sandy". Quote from the "The Lone Survivor"
I had a lot of fun watching John and Sterling kill this wod yesterday with awesome times.
Hollie: 38:29
John: 28:22
Sterling: 29:30

We don't have a place for practicing muscle ups so John did 120 pullups and 120 dips today in place of 30 muscle ups for time.
John: 18:01

4 comments:

Surrey Sterling said...

Oh You nuthead!! Why the hell did you go and take the weight off the box you turkey! You survived three rounds, ahhh! I wish I was there. No changing your workouts, finish what you start! BAD Hollie! Bad!

Wasn't that a bitch though eh! Great job Hollie way to get over that flashing, nice with the mud flying hey!!

John lets get those rings setup so you can get the Muscle ups going brother!

Surrey Sterling said...

Ah yes nice strength day today. I pulled something good in the top of my left shoulder yesterday. Yiser! Looking forward to easy day!

Unknown said...

Lol. Good job hollie. I was thinking as I read your post..."Why did she take the weight off?"

Sterling said enough.

Good job, better than I could do. I convieniently skipped this eod. Lol.

Hollie said...

In my mind I didn't think I was going to be able to do this wod. The box jumps are always the struggle for me and I went into it again in a poor state of mind. I really enjoyed the wall ball though, it wasn't fun but great to do instead of thrusters. Thanks for letting me borrow it Sterling I have been a little under the weather lately and have only worked out a couple times. Also, pulled an ass muscle somewhere along the way:) Did a little something yesterday but still didn't feel great. Hoping to hit today's with a more intensity:) I will post John's soon.