Sunday, January 11, 2009

Clean and Jerk, Cindy and Yoga Jan.11/09

3 Rounds for Time:

10 - 95 lb clean and jerk
5 Rounds Cindy -
One round of Cindy = 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 squats
24:55 as Rx'd

Than a Bikrams 1.5 hr long hot yoga class with my good friend Jill. I'll tell you this class was much more difficult than I would have imagined. All done in 100 degree heat. Agghhh!!!! When I first entered the room Jill had me all set up and was showing me what to do. You start by just lying there, relaxing and waiting for the instructor. Well, it was all i could do not to become frantic gasping for air and I am not good at sitting still. I looked over at Jill and she was nice and calm, so I started to try to convince myself that I would be o.k. It did get better and my body and lungs adjusted well. I did get a two week pass so I will try it again within the next couple days. Thanks again Jill I had a lot of fun:)

2 comments:

Jill said...

i had fun too hollie. it was so nice to see you. thank you so much for calling, i love last minute excitement like that!
you did really well at yoga and good on ya for over coming that panicky feeling at the beginning. There are so many benefits to hot yoga, one of which is increased concentration and focus. im excited for your progress!
see you again sooon :)

Surrey Sterling said...

Good on ya hitt'in the hot stuff. No thanks I'm with you I couldn't sit there like that my heart would start racing and I'd bolt out the door gasping for air! Better you then me!