Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Micheal Nov. 3/08

This picture was in May at FarmFit:)

3 Rounds for Time:

800m run
50 Back Extensions
50 sit ups
John: 21:42 Rx'd
Round 1: 7:03, Round 2: 7:23, Round 3: 7:16
Hollie: 27:59 Rx'd
Round 1: 8:44, Round 2 9:30, Round 3: 9:45
Our run was in the rain and in the dark. Also there were leaves and pumpkins smashed on the road, which made it less than pleasant, slippery and dangerous. Needless to say that part could have been faster. We did GHD hip extensions instead of back extensions, those were a killer, definitely a lot harder than the last time we did it with good mornings and feet unanchored(May 16/08 - 24 minutes). I can do the 45 lb good mornings straight through but the hip extensions were the first 10 straight then a few fives, down to threes and finally two's. The sit ups were anchored and the break. Coming back on the second run my lower back was starting to burn. By the end of the third run it was just a matter of getting er done as my back was on fire and there were still 50 hip extensions to go!!! AAggghhh!!! With all the right conditions we will be able to shave a lot of time off this one. John did well he did all situps straight through and fast which is a great improvement for him. We had a few days off of the zone on the weekend, too many trick or treat candy, I think that also contributed to my slower time because I felt sluggish on those runs. Can't wait to attack this one again but not for a little while:)

1 comment:

Surrey Sterling said...

Eh Hollie, sorry about you having to come and get the wheel. Just never hooked up last week. I liked that one and I blazed through it. I wish I had a watch and will get one today. I started the timer on the treadmill and Noel shut my machine off silly bugger and fired up a different one. We did back extentions using the back thing. I was feeling pretty dam good through that whole thing. Noel had went to the CF Van 7am class and had his ass kicked big time and this was his second wod of the day!