Monday, June 29, 2009

One armed Barbell Push Press and Deadlift June 28/09

2 Rounds
12 one armed barbell push press Right
12 one armed barbell deadlift Right
800 m run
12 one armed barbell push press Left
12 one armed barbell deadlift Left
800 m run
Go Heavy and Run Fast!!!

This was a little tricky and I have to admit I was telling myself that I wouldn't be able to do it. Figuring out the weight to use took a little time and a lot of practise but we got it figured out. Luckily we have two Pendlay bars. This ended up being challenging and exhausting but fun just the same. I focussed on thinking about the work I was doing instead of what was left to do, have to do that more. Really had to concentrate during these lifts, did not want to lose control too badly for fear of injury.
Hollie: Push Press 45 lbs, Deadlift 95 lbs, 3200 m running= 35:15
John: Push Press 75 lbs, Deadlift 145 lbs, 3200 m running= 25:26

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! This is one WOD i'd like to make up. It hasn't been posted since 2003!

EVA sucks balls....nuff said. Hardes workout ever.

I think Murph and Helen had a threesome with Hurcules and EVA was born.