Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Backsquat Max, Yeay!!!


Warm up

500 m row for time. 152.4.


My best time so far is 151. something. I was close. I never start rowing for max but as I'm going I think - "oh I'm close, I better pull faster, I think I can beat it", then I just go over and am pissed. I can say that I recover faster now than I did then and I know I can beat it, I'll have to go for it from the beginning of the row next time.


Back Squat 5x5


Warm up: PVC x 10, 45 lb bar x 5, 65 lb x 5


Lifts: 85, 95, 115, 125, 135


Back Squats felt good so I went for one time max: 145 x 1, 150 x 1 Yeay!!!

My previous one time max on August 13/08 was 140 lb


I felt pretty good. So I carried on with 20 - 65lb clean and 2 jerks for time. 5:42.


Finished as always with 55 sit ups. I used the 15 lb weight behind the neck. I have injured my neck with these before so I opted to go lighter and would not let myself "kip", therefore keeping my back touching the mat at all times and also holding the weight slightly away from the neck.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Hollie! Back squats are fun. I remember your 140 back in August, CONGRATS on beating it! 150is HUGE!

I did back squats today as well after 200 airsquats yesterday.....quack quack....LOL

Mia said...

Rock Star!!!!!!!

Hollie said...

Thanks guys! It feels good to be hitting some PR's. How did your back squats go Jeff? Remember how we started Mia, 65 or 75 lbs felt so heavy:)

Unknown said...

Back squats went well today, not too heavy, see my blog for details.

My wife is on her way over sporting our new CF New Zealand T's. Be sure to give her and my Aunt a good gasser :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Hollie! Congrats on the PR! I am very happy for you!

jenn said...

Awesome job Hollie!!